How to prepare your home for real estate photography
To make your home look its best and to be sure the property is ready to be photographed, please check the following guidelines before we arrive at the site. De-cluttering also helps to make the house look more spacious which leads to best return on your home.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
- Remove cars from driveway or away from the front of the home.
- Clean up landscaping and remove the leaves
- Hide the water hose
- Clean pool
- Remove trash cans
- Remove BBQ cover and adjust patio furniture.
- All of the windows should be closed.
INSIDE YOUR HOME
- Thoroughly clean, vacuum and mop the house
- Turn all lights ON including all wall, table and floor lamps
- Check that all bulbs are on and working
- Ceiling fans should be OFF
- Hide the remotes
- Completely open all the blinds and curtains for available natural light
- Make sure shades are all open at the same level
- Remove or replace the personal images (specially the larger ones)
- Place all shoes and clothes in closet
- Hide pet beds, toys, food and water bowls
- Contain pets in hidden crate, outside or basement.
- Hide paper towels, sponges, soap dispensers, etc.
- Remove magnets, flyers and photos from outside of refrigerator
- Hide garbage cans
- Hide trash cans, plungers and brushes.
- Put the toilet lids down.
- Hide soap dispensers, toothbrushes and shower products
- Towels and other linens can be seen through the mirror and should be removed.
- No floor mats
- Make the beds and fluff the pillows.
- If you have jewelry boxes, watch boxes, or other expensive items, remove them from view.
- No visible charging cables or personal items on nightstands.
- Hide any jewelry boxes or expensive items from view.